Why does anyone join an alumni program? Do you want to keep in touch with individuals from a school or organization?
Maybe you need to be part of something that has given you so much. Maybe you like the socialization aspect of it. Well, individuals in recovery have many of the same reasons for joining an alumni program, and their reasons often go much deeper.
Imagine going to a treatment center at the lowest part of life. You have no idea how you will get out of the downward spiral of addiction, repair the damage you have caused, or simply glean a sense of hope once again. You have experienced a life-changing event.
Here are some reasons why you might want to join an alumni program:
- You feel as sense of duty and gratitude to give back.
- The relationships that you developed are cherished and meaningful.
- You like the idea of being involved in moving something forward.
- Volunteering allows you to be part of something bigger than yourself.
- You want to have set activities on your calendar.
- Getting together gives you the opportunity to share your life and experience the lives of others.
- You want to network with others about all aspects of life, whether it is work, hobbies, common interests, or milestones in your recovery.
- You have experienced other alumni associations and know the benefits.
- You have never experienced other alumni associations and want to broaden your horizons.
- You have heard from others about the benefits of staying involved in something so meaningful.
Whatever your motivation, staying involved in your treatment center can enrich your life. You may find ways to explore new avenues of renewing your recovery while touching the lives of others. Alumni programs could be just the thing you need to stay on track.